America's First Federal Credit Union 4th Ave N, Birmingham
Looking for a loan?
This won't affect your credit score.
There are 10 customer reviews. Check out their experiences with this business.
I'll start this by saying I've been a customer for almost a decade now and most people at the branches I've dealt with are nice. The real issue I have is with the call center, but there's not a page for them that I can find. Like most people during covid, I've been struggling financially. I've barely been making ends meet, but I'm trying. Because of that, I keep a close watch on my debit card and thanks to the amfirst alerts app I only turn my debit card on when I need to make a purchase. I've been doing that for about a year now with no issues, and it's really helped me keep my stuff in line. Today, the app stopped working completely (probably because there haven't been any updates in over 2 years) but I needed to get groceries, so I called to get it turned on. The person who helped me, Cleveland, scolded me for "manipulating" my card and that the app isn't working because that's not how its supposed to be used. I told him a bit of my situation and that I'd been doing it for a long time, and that I didn't understand why the app exists if that's apparently not how we're supposed to use it. The website mentions nothing about that, just that you can turn your card on and off at any time. He then proceeded to tell me he didn't understand why someone who is poor would be making charges to their card anyways. Excuse me?? Poor people still have to buy groceries, get gas, and everything else. I talked to a supervisor and hopefully he'll be coached on better customer service and not to come at people when he doesn't know their situation. Just wanted to let my experience be known to others who may ba having the same issues.
We have been members for 12 years now and we love America's First! We typically visit the Oxford branch and we are always treated so kind and with so much respect. They are really great to work with and we will continue to use their services.
I had a great experience that started with a great APR for my new car when negotiating at the dealer. For my first payment, the teller there was nice, respectful and knowledgeable about my transaction. Great first impression!
Please stop letting people Trespassing and peddling for money. I've given a guy a sweater off my back last Winter, while at ATM. Just gave another person $5 plus a bottle of water. I've been a member for over 30 years.
TThe award winning, giveaways, and car channel1
I would not recommend this bank to anyone....the overdraft fees are ridiculous $30 evyerytime and I had like 2 dollars and even 4 cents ...they charge me the $30 overdraft fee...this credit union is a scam now I am all broke because of their scams taking my money !!!
I have been with this bank for quite a period of time. Recently had fraudulent activity occur on my account. I have never used me card in the past with the vendor that is listed on the account. Have contacted card services on 3 different occasions. Final time was told the fraudulent activity was noted and funds would be dispersed back into my account. Received another notice this week stating the request was denied. Definitely leaving this bank after many years, and would not recommend anyone to bank with these folks.
I have been a member since 2008. When I started their customer service was second to no one. They had “chick fil a” quality service. They have grown substantially in the last 5 years or so and their customer service has greatly suffered. They have sacrificed quality for quantity and it is sad to see.
The customer service sucks at the call center and at the downtown Birmingham branch. No one can help you immediately. They always have to get someone to call you back. America’s First used to be one of the most trusted and respected credit unions. Now, they’re no different than the banks. Just pitiful!
MMsT (Ms T)2
I have been trying to get someone to help me to link my account to another bank for 2 weeks and no one can help. I’ve been promised a call- back and that has not happened. CS needs a lot of training. They ask too many questions and offer no answers. I’ve clock hours with them. I’m done!
Kristie Helton handled my loan approval to add a line of credit and answered all questions like a true PRO. If she approves you for an auto loan message me! I can get you rolling
1200 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203, United States
Nearby Title loans in Birmingham
- Title Loans
- Personal Loans
- Payday Loans
1. What Can I Do to Contact America's First Federal Credit Union?We advise you to dial their phone number +1 205-320-4185. Another way is to complete an application through their official website and wait for them to get back to you.
3. How Do I Get a Loan from America's First Federal Credit Union?You can visit their store or request a loan on their website. It's worth noting that a quick online installment loan may address your needs better. We suggest you weigh your options and make an informed decision.
5. What Can I Do if I Default on a Loan?Failure to repay a loan can harm your credit score. Contact the lender as soon as possible and see if you can work out a new agreement.
2. Where Can I Find America's First Federal Credit Union?1200 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203, United States is the address of America's First Federal Credit Union. Search for a route online so you can get there fast.
4. Is America's First Federal Credit Union an Agency or a Lender?America's First Federal Credit Union is a Federal credit union. If you are wondering how to request a loan, click here to learn about Fast Title Loans. With a focus on title loans, it can also help you get multiple loan offers.
6. Are There Loans for Bad Credit From America's First Federal Credit Union?Yes. Borrowers can also click here to get a personal loan online with bad credit through Fast Title Loans, which is an online platform specializing in loans.