Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago N Lasalle St, Chicago
Looking for a loan?
This won't affect your credit score.
There are 10 customer reviews. Check out their experiences with this business.
I had to get a document notarized and the recorder of deeds sent me here as they have a notary public. The notary refused service because I wasn't a member of the bank. I offered to start an account and he refused to let me do so at the time. I offered to pay for the service and he said he wouldn't notarize this document for me. I was the only customer in the entire bank, so its not as if he was too busy to do so. I walked down the street to the currency exchange, they did it for $1. I wouldn't bank with people that give that basement level of customer service. Your options are extensive in today's market, explore them and avoid Amalgamated.
Weak privacy policies and practices.. Big Brother of the banking world.
I have been a customer of Amalgamated Bank since 1972. They have always been courteous and professional in all my dealings over the past 48 years. It was my first checking account and I have never changed to another bank because of their excellent service.
Applied for a credit card online and said I would be notified of an approval within 5-7 business days, I thought it was a little strange considering every other credit card I've ever applied for has come back with an approval within minutes. 2 weeks later I get a letter in the mail requesting more information. One of the things requested was a utility bill which I didn't have since utilities are included in the rent. I called in 3 times after my first two calls were dropped and waited on hold for about 10 minutes. When I finally did speak to someone she was rude and informed me that there wasn't anything anyone could do. Horrible customer service.
Zero stars. I was a very successful banker at JPMorgan Chase Bank. I know banking and I know credit. Supervisor Carolyn Reams and her staff are the rudest people I have ever experienced in customer service in my entire life.
Get Your Money Out of This Bank! They Are on the List of Big Corporations Aiming At Buying Out Small Banks and swallow up swaths of land and Property Join a Local Bank ASAP.
CClean Cut Lawn1
Absolutely Horrible! Do not recommend. I got their Mastercard credit card and their system rejected payment attempts that I set up online like every other credit card that I have. This happened twice and then they charged me a returned payment fee for a payment that never went through in the first place. Then attempts were made to fix it with customer service who said that they couldn't help me and referred me to another phone number that was supposed to be "card services". That number took me back to the same customer service that didn't have authority to help me. Hours spent and still no resolution. Terrible company.
If I could give zero stars I would. I called on four separate occassions regarding a simple confirmation letter noting that I was taken off as an authorized user on a credit card. First call, they told me the individual was out of the office. They took my number to call me back. They never did. I called back the following day, spoke to another individual. They confirmed an email address and told me an email would be sent in 10-15 minutes confirming that I was removed. This never happened. I called back the next day, same thing happened. No email. Fourth time, the primary card holder called and requested the written confirmation. She was told that I had impersonated her; therefore they lied to me and avoided sending out the email (...whaaaat?!?). Regardless, they said they would send an email confirmation to her in 10-15 minutes. NEVER HAPPENED. It's been five days and I just want the damn confirmation letter. The issue is still unresolved.
I login with the wrong password and my account gets locked (with no indication it's locked other than "we are not able to validate at this time"). Out of curiosity I call service. About 5-10 mins and you will get someone after navigating their web of phone prompts. Remember, just trying to get into my account to payoff my card at 5:45PM on a Tuesday EST. 1st try with a rep: Call the number on the bottom of the website, I can't help with login issues....hang up, go to website, no phone number at the bottom 2nd try with a rep: Let me transfer you to the line you need to be on.... *transferred back to the god forsaken menu I came from....do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars 3rd try with a rep: Sorry I can't help with that, I think it's our department that is only open from 8:30 to 4:30 PM central time (seems absurd you don't have login support 24-7), would you like me to transfer you to a number that I think will help? She provides the number and it's the same number that's on the back of the card that I called on my second try Guys, I work in service. I also do bank and credit card rewards so I go where the promos take me. I have had accounts with 30-40 institutions and have experienced a wide range of service. This was an endless cycle of stupidity from the design of your phone tree, to the lack of knowledge in directing me where to go or what to do in the event of a simple lockout. I am disappointed. I know you are not a bone crushing massive firm with tons of personnel and resources at your disposal but sheesh, a local credit union with one branch would provide better online resources and phone help then you all.
When trying to enter in a new password, it told me yesterday and is still telling me today "The password you entered is incorrect. Password can only be changed 2 time(s) in 24 hours, last password change occured Oct 9, 2019 12:49:06 PM." You guys spelled "Occurred" wrong. Also, it's 1:25 PM EST. We're now past 24 hours and it's still not working. Day 3 of trying to reset a password and login and no success. Is your company run by Brendan Fraser from Encino Man or is it run by city rats from Malaysia....Abandon all hope ye' who enter.
30 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60602, United States
Nearby Personal loans in Chicago
- Personal Loans
- Payday Loans
- The Kryder Law Group, LLC Accident and Injury Lawyers
Personal4.8( 36 )
- Tim Brigham and The Brigham Team - Union Home Mortgage - Branch Manager - NMLS 270935
Mortgage lender5( 10 )
- Northern Trust
Investment bank3.5( 10 )
- Greater Illinois Title Company
Title company4.1( 10 )
1. How Can I Reach Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago?One of the easiest way is to call their phone number +1 312-822-3000. Another way is to complete an application on their website and wait for them to contact you.
3. How Do I Take Out a Loan from Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago?You can go to their shop or request a loan on their website. It's worth noting that an instant installment Loan may help you cover an unexpected expense better. We suggest you learn about different financial services and make an informed decision.
5. What Can I Do if I Default on a Loan?Failure to repay a loan can harm your credit score. Reach out to the lender as soon as possible and see if you can find a solution.
2. Where Can I Find Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago?30 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60602, United States is the address of Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago. Search for a route online so you can get there fast.
4. Is Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago an Agency or a Lender?Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago is a Bank. If you are wondering how to request a loan, check out our platform to learn about Fast Title Loans. With a focus on high-approval-rate title loans, it can also help you get multiple loan offers.
6. Can People With Bad Credit Get a Loan From Amalgamated Bank Of Chicago?Yes. Borrowers can also check out our platform to request a quick personal loan online with bad credit through Fast Title Loans, which offers premium financial services.